Certified Translation from English to Czech
I specialize in certified translation from English to Czech for the purposes of the Czech Embassy in London, mainly birth and marriage certificates but also others. Click on the document below to find out more. If you need a different document translated, or for a different purpose, please send me an email.
Requirements for a certified translation from English to Czech for the Czech Embassy in London
The requirements for a certified translation from English to Czech for the Czech Embassy in London are as follows:
- Firstly, you might have to obtain an apostille for your document prior to translation. This can only be done through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. After you get the apostille, your document is ready to be sent to a translator.
- Translations can only be done by two types of translator:
1. You can contact any professional Czech English translator who is qualified translate your English document into Czech (including the apostille). They should stamp, sign and date the translation and also provide a certification statement. A translation like this will need further verification in order to be accepted by Czech authorities. This verification will be done during your appointment at the Czech Embassy in London (you will not need an extra appointment for the verification). The fee for the verification is approx. £5 per page of translation. Information from Embassy enclosed below:
Dobrý den paní Garnsworthy, na konzulárním oddělení zpracovávám agendu matriky a tudíž přijímám od klientů oddací listy, rodné listy atd. Váš překlad je vždy perfektně vyhotovený, ale musí se ještě opatřit kulatým razítkem se státním znakem tkzv. ověřovací doložkou, jinak by v ČR na Zvláštní matrice v Brně uznán nebyl. Poplatek je za každou i započatou stránku A4 4,-GBP, (tento poplatek se mění dle platného kurzu každý měsíc, ale je to cca +- 1,- GBP). Děkuji Vám za spolupráci. S pozdravem, Eva Brodová
2. You can contact a Czech court appointed translator who will translate your original English document into Czech (including the apostille). They will place their official Czech round seal onto the translation, sign and date the translation and provide a certification statement. A translation like this will be readily accepted in the Czech Republic and does not need further verification.
Is it necessary to send original documents or will scans be sufficient?
It will be necessary to send me original documents by post as the translation has to be attached to originals.
How to order a certified translation from Czech to English
1. Send me an email, in which you’ll specify what you need translated and what purpose it will serve. If you have an appointment at the Czech Embassy in London for which you will need the translation, please state the date.
2. I will get back to you as soon as possible with the price, time scale, payment details and my address where to send your document. All emails are answered within 24 hours. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal is preferred (if paying by PayPal a surcharge of approx. 3 % is added to the final price).
3. Your translated documents will be posted to you via Special Delivery by the agreed deadline. If your document has 1-2 pages I can usually send you the translation within three working days of receiving payment and your documents.
What is the cost of a certified translation from English to Czech?
For more information on rates please visit the PRICES page.