Certified Translation of a Birth Certificate from English to Czech
I can provide you with a certified translation of a birth certificate from English to Czech for the Czech Embassy in London.
- Price: £38 for a typical British birth certificate – the price is final and includes postage
- Timescale: usually 3 working days of receiving your document and payment – if you need the translation more urgently let me know and I will see what I can do
*Please note: the birth certificate MUST be legalised, i.e. have an apostille on the back, BEFORE you send it to me for translation. The price quoted is for the translation of a British birth certificate with an apostille (more information below)
Requirements for a certified translation of a birth certificate from English to Czech
You must send me a full British birth certificate (usually green – see picture below), which contains parents’ names. The birth certificate MUST have an apostille on the back. If your birth certificate hasn’t got an apostille you will first have to obtain one from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. After you get the apostille, your document is ready to be sent for translation.
Who can translate you British birth certificate into Czech for the Czech Embassy in London
Translations can only be done by two types of translator:
1. You can contact any qualified professional Czech English translator who is qualified to translate your English document into Czech (including the apostille). They should stamp, sign and date the translation and also provide a certification statement. A translation like this will need further verification in order to be accepted by Czech authorities. This verification will be done during your appointment at the Czech Embassy in London (you will not need an extra appointment for the verification). The fee for the verification is approx. £5 per page of translation.
2. You can contact a Czech court appointed translator who will translate your original English document into Czech (including the apostille). They will place their official Czech round seal onto the translation, sign and date the translation and provide a certification statement. A translation like this will be readily accepted in the Czech Republic and does not need further verification.
Is it necessary to send the original or will a scan be sufficient?
It is enough to send me scans/photos of your documents by email. I will post the original translation to you by post.
Can you translate my birth certificate if I am not using the Czech Embassy?
No, I can only translate your birth certificate if you are using the Embassy. Having qualified as a translator in the UK means that my translation will have to be verified at the Czech Embassy in order to be accepted by the authorities in the Czech Republic.The original certified translation will have to be presented at your appointment along with the original British document. The embassy’s registrar will verify the translation and attach it to the British document. This verification costs approx. £5 per page of translation payable at the embassy during your appointment (there is no need to make an extra appointment just for the verification).
How to order a certified translation from Czech to English
1. Send me an email, in which you’ll specify what purpose the translation will serve. If you have an appointment at the Czech Embassy in London for which you will need the translation, please state the date.
2. I will get back to you as soon as possible with the price, time scale, payment details and my address where to send your document. All emails are answered within 24 hours. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal is preferred.
3. Your translated documents will be posted to you via First Class Signed For by the agreed deadline. If your document has 1-2 pages I can usually send you the translation within three working days of receiving payment and your documents.